We have made a list of a few things we think can help people maintain their wellbeing and protect their mental health during this time.
Things to do:
- Stay in a daily routine: It is important to maintain a daily routine and prioritise to look after yourself. Whether you’re working from home or going to your practice it’s important to have a daily routine and stick to it.
- Exercise: a home workout can help you reduce stress and it can even make you sleep better. If you’re able to go for a walk or a bike ride, just keep in mind the 2-metre distance.
- Connect with friends and family: Staying connected and socialise after work is important during this time. With the help of technology such as social media or a video call you maintain a sense of normality and ease loneliness.
- Look after yourself: Maintaining healthy habits such as a balanced diet, 6- 8 hours of sleep a night, exercising regularly; is important to remember. And don’t forget to wash your hands with soap and water.
- Minimise watching, reading or listening to news that causes you stress. Try to watch or read the news once or twice per day while keeping in mind what type of information you consume. Get all the information and updates from reliable sources such as: